The Applecross Senior High School Parents and Citizens Association provides a forum where anyone interested in students’ welfare can meet to discuss educational issues.
The Objects of the Association are to promote the interests of Applecross Senior High School through:
- cooperation between parents, teachers, students and members of the general community;
- assisting in the provision of resources, facilities and amenities for the school; and
- the fostering of community interest in educational matters.
The Parents and Citizens Association:
- gives parents/guardians an opportunity to learn about the school’s policies and programs;
- organises ways in which parents/guardians can share in shaping and developing school policies;
- brings parents/guardians together to share information and views;
- assists the school in building positive attitudes to students and their families; and
- helps raise funds to provide extra resources.
|Vice President||Darrin Richards|
The Parents and Citizens Association’s general meetings are held in the Conference Room, commencing at 7:00 pm and concluding by 9:00 pm. Dates for the Parents and Citizens Association meeting can be found by viewing the School Calendar.
The Parents and Citizens Association have been involved in numerous projects to support the school.
- Clean-up to school grounds.
- Assistance and support of the School’s 50th Anniversary celebrations.
- The area surrounding the swimming pool.
- Gymnasium Foyer.
- School PA system.
- Rear entrance of the School.
Grants have been provided to:
- School Library.
- Music program.
- Specialist Tennis.
- Gifted and Talented Education: Visual Arts.
- School Chaplain.
- Senior School Tutorials.
For further information, please contact the Principal, Paul Leech.