As an independent public school, Applecross Senior High School is required to have a School Board. The School Board operates according to the School Education Act 1999. The role of the Board is that of involvement in the governance of the school. This means taking part in the shaping and monitoring of the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions.
The Board does not have a role in school management. This is the Principal’s responsibility and involves educational leadership and the effective day-to-day administration, supervision and control of the school and its staff.
The functions of the School Board include:
- take part in:
- establishing and reviewing from time to time, the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- the planning of financial arrangements necessary to fund those objectives, priorities and directions;
- evaluating the school’s performance in achieving them; and
- formulating codes of conduct for students at the school.
- determine, in consultation with students, their parents and staff a dress code for students when they are attending or representing the school;
- promote the school in the community;
- charges and contributions for the provision of certain materials, services and facilities;
- extra cost optional components of educational programs;
- items to be supplied by a student for personal use in an educational program;
- any agreements or arrangements for advertising or sponsorship concerning the school.
- provide advice to the Principal of the school on:
- a general policy concerning the use in school activities of prayers, songs and material based on religious, spiritual or moral values being used in a school activity as part of religious education; and
- the implementation of special religious education.
Members of the School Board for 2021 include:
|Executive Officer||Paul Currie|
Harry Edgar – Head Boy
Evelyn Ong – Head Girl